UPS and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters have started negotiations for new collective bargaining agreements for UPS Small Package and UPS Freight. These negotiations provide us an opportunity to reward the hard work of our employees, address the unique challenges of our industry and strengthen our company for the future.
Our Bargaining Philosophy
As negotiations commence, we remain committed to:
- Fostering a positive, supportive and respectful work environment;
- Facilitating open and honest communications with our employees, customers and stakeholders;
- Working constructively with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters;
- Considering all good-faith proposals brought to the table during negotiations;
- Identifying reasonable solutions that strengthen UPS, position us for the future, recognize the contributions of our employees, and create opportunity for UPS stakeholders; and
- Abiding at all times by federal labor and employment laws, the UPS Code of Business Conduct and the legacy of integrity fostered by UPS founder Jim Casey.
We believe these negotiations offer UPS and its employees an opportunity to work together to meet the ever-changing demands of our customers, stay ahead of our competition and fairly reward the hard work, teamwork and determination of our employees.